Serve this so easy sassy chutney over a slice of toasted French baguette, spread with goat cheese flavored with honey and chiffonade mint leaves. Also great as a side with pork tenderloin especially during the holidays.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper (diced 1/4 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup sweet onion (diced 1/4 inch thick)
- 1-1/4 cups Gala apple, or similar (diced 1/3 inch thick)
- 1 cup Our Family Garden Touch of Honey Applesauce
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries – 50% less sugar preferred (rough chop)
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
In a small heavy saucepan, heat oil to hot. Add pepper and onion; cook over medium-high heat stirring often until pepper and onion begin to soften-about 2 minutes.
Add apple, applesauce, cranberries, vinegar, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, ginger, curry powder and cinnamon; stir until hot and mixture begins to bubble then reduce heat to medium- low. Cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat and transfer to a serving bowl. Cool in refrigerator 30 minutes.
Fresh chiffonade mint leaves