- 1 pound tomatillos (husked, rinsed, halved)
- 1 poblano chile pepper (halved, seeded)
- 1 onion (quartered)
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup Our Family Garden, Touch of Honey Applesauce
- 1/4 cup cilantro (fresh leaves, loosely packed)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Heat broiler to high with oven rack about 4-inches from heat. Line a baking sheet with foil.
Place tomatillos, poblano, onion and garlic on prepared baking sheet. Broil vegetables 10 to 12 minutes, turning, until they are charred.
Peel the skin from peppers and remove garlic from peel. Place all the roasted vegetables in a high powered blender or food processor.
Add applesauce, cilantro, lime juice and salt. Process until mixture is just smooth.
for extra kick place 1 serrano or jalapeno pepper, seeded, on the baking sheet.