- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- 1/2 cup Our Family Garden, Cinnamon Applesauce
- 3 cups Lyles Golden Syrup (or light corn syrup)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (melted & slightly cooled)
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/4 cups chopped walnuts (plus 20 whole walnuts)
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
Place unbaked crust into regular size pie dish.
In a medium bowl, mix applesauce, golden syrup, butter, sugar, maple syrup, eggs and vanilla.
Put chopped nuts into pie crust. Pour mixture over nuts.
Top with whole nuts arranged in 2 circles.
Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until crust is golden. Let cool completely.
Serve with scoop of vanilla ice cream on side or top.