- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup carrots (sliced or diced)
- 2/3 cup potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 1 cup celery (diced)
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 cups ham (diced)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- 3-1/2 cups chicken broth (or ham stock)
- 1/2 cup Our Family Garden, Unsweetened Applesauce
- 2 cans (15.5 ounce) navy or great northern beans (one can drained, one can NOT drained)
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Heat vegetable oil in a soup pot.
Add carrots, potatoes, celery and onion.
Sauté for about 4 minutes, just until onion is beginning to soften.
Add ham and cook stirring about 2 minutes.
Add garlic, cooking one more minute.
Add stock and applesauce , bring to a low boil for about 10 minutes, stirring once or twice.
Add beans and tomato sauce, stir to blend, bring to a boil, lower heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.