- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/3 cup Our Family Garden, Unsweetened Applesauce
- 2/3 cup gluten free baking mix
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/4 cups steel cut oats
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (garnish)
Spray an 11×7-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
For bars, in a large mixing bowl, beat first seven ingredients together on low speed until smooth. Stir in oats and finely chopped walnuts.
Spread evenly in prepared dish. Bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into 12 bars. Meanwhile prepare the glaze recipe below.
Place bars on a plate then drizzle glaze over bars as desired. Sprinkle each with a few walnuts for garnish. Allow glaze to harden before serving.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons milk (room temperature)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 to 2 cup powdered sugar
For glaze, in a small saucepan heat butter over medium heat until butter just begins to brown, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
Slowly stir in milk and extract. Place in a small mixing bowl. Add 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar and beat on low speed until smooth. Beat in additional powdered sugar as needed to reach drizzling consistency.