- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds carrots (peeled and diced)
- 2/3 cup chopped shallots
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup Our Family Garden Unsweetened Applesauce
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt (plain)
- 2 tablespoons coconut
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
PREHEAT OVEN TO 350° F
Melt butter in a large saucepan and add carrots, shallots, garlic, ginger and salt. Sauté for 7 minutes on medium high.
Add chicken stock, water and applesauce and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until carrots are tender.
Put carrot mixture into a blender (in two batches if needed) and puree until smooth.
Wipe out the saucepan and return carrot soup to pan. Stir in coconut milk and heat through.
Put coconut and almonds on a baking sheet. Bake for 5-7 minutes, until toasted.
Garnish each bowl of soup with coconut, almonds, chives, and a dollop of yogurt.