- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup carrots (shredded)
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic (minced)
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup Our Family Garden Cinnamon Applesauce
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup mixed frozen vegetables
Saute onion, carrot, garlic in olive oil over medium heat until onions are translucent, about 10 minutes.
Add tomato paste, ginger, curry, paprika and stir together.
Add chicken stock and applesauce, stir until well blended and bring to a simmer.
Add the chicken and simmer uncovered 15 minutes.
Add frozen peas, mixed vegetables and simmer 10 minutes.
Add the sour cream and coconut milk, return to simmer for 10 minutes.
Serve over rice or with crusty bread for dipping.
This sauce can be used with cubed pork or veal as well as lamb meat balls.