Prepare and Serve
- 12 flour tortillas (fajita sized – about 6”)
Wipe out skillet and place back on burner. Toast tortillas on both sides and wrap in a kitchen towel to keep warm.
Slice pork in strips and place in warm tortillas. Top with apple slaw and sprinkle with toasted sunflower seeds.
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (plus more to taste)
- 1/2 cup salted sunflower seeds
- 2 pounds pork sirloin or tenderloin roast (thinly sliced – may substitute thinly sliced boneless pork chops)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
Mix dark brown sugar, cayenne pepper, cumin and 1 teaspoon salt in a small bowl.
Pound pork to 1/4” thickness with a meat mallet or heavy pan and sprinkle both sides with sugar and spice mixture.
Place a heavy bottom nonstick skillet on the stovetop and preheat over medium heat.
Add sunflower seeds and toast until lightly browned and fragrant, shaking frequently.
When seeds are toasted, place in a small bowl and set aside.
Add olive oil to skillet and when oil is hot, cook pork, browning on both sides.
Remove pork to a cutting board to rest before slicing.
- 3/4 cup Our Family Garden, Unsweetened Applesauce
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt (plus more to taste)
- 4 cups bagged coleslaw mix
In a large bowl, whisk together applesauce, sour cream, mayonnaise, cilantro, apple cider vinegar and salt. Add slaw mix and toss to combine.
Refrigerate until ready to use.