- 2 refrigerated pie crusts (or 1 recipe for double crust pie crusts)
- 1/2 cup Our Family Garden, Cinnamon Applesauce
- 1/3 cup sour cherry preserves
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg (beaten)
Roll out (or unroll if purchased) pie dough. Cut into 4 inch circles using a biscuit cutter (or cut around a 4 inch bowl).
Mix Applesauce and preserves in a bowl.
Melt chocolate in the microwave (1 minute at med. High, then stir and continue in microwave at 15-20 second intervals if needed until melted and smooth).
Mix together cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth.
Spread 1 Tablespoon cream cheese mixture on half of the pie crust rounds. Top with 1 teaspoon of melted chocolate, then 1 Tablespoon of the applesauce mixture.
Sandwich together with another pie dough circle and use the prongs of a fork to seal the edges. Cut a small slit in the top. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Brush tops of each hand pie with beaten egg.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 – 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool for 10 minutes. Serve warm or cool.