- 3 slices thick-cut Applewood smoked Bacon (sliced 1/2 inch crosswise pieces)
- 2 medium sweet potato (peeled and cubed)
- 2 chai flavored tea bags
- 1 cup Our Family Garden, Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (fresh grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup green onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
Cook bacon in medium skillet over medium heat stirring often until crisp. Transfer bacon onto paper towel with slotted spoon to drain.
Meanwhile place sweet potato in medium saucepan, add enough water to cover. Place lid on saucepan, cook sweet potatoes over medium heat just until fork tender, about 8 minutes.
Remove saucepan from heat, add tea bags to the pan. Stir tea bags around in the saucepan occasionally for 4 minutes, remove tea bags, drain water off sweet potatoes reserving 1/4 cup water.
Transfer sweet potatoes, 1/4 cup reserved water, applesauce, 1/4 cup cheese, and salt to food processor, whirl mixture until puréed scraping down the sides of food processor if needed.
Spoon puréed mixture into serving dish sprinkle top with bacon, remaining cheese, green onions and almonds.
If after puréeing the sweet potato have cooled off reheat in microwave before adding the toppings.