- 1 can (15 ounce) chickpeas (drained)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Our Family Garden, Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 small clove garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- assorted cut vegetables
Add the chickpeas, lemon juice, applesauce, minced garlic, cumin, red pepper flakes and salt to a food processor. Process for 1 minute.
Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl. Process for one minute. Add water. Process for one minute more.
Place in a serving bowl. Sprinkle with black sesame seeds. Serve with assorted cut vegetables.