with Blueberry Sauce
- 2 sheets (17.3 ounce) frozen puff pastry (thawed)
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Our Family Garden, Cinnamon Applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3/4 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg (plus egg wash – egg thin with water)
- powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup Our Family Garden, Blueberry Preserves
Cream cheese, sugar, applesauce, cinnamon, cornstarch, lemon and orange zest and vanilla, until smooth.
Beat in egg. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
Cut each puff pastry sheet into 12 squares. Spoon 1 teaspoon of applesauce filling onto 1/2 of the squares, brush outside edges with egg wash and top with second square, using a fork to seal the edges together.
Repeat, using all the dough, for a total of 24 beignets. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Let cool slightly before sprinkling liberally with powdered sugar.
Thin blueberry preserves with a little water and heat on stove, or in microwave and serve with pastries.