- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 pounds butternut squash (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 4 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 1 cup Our Family Garden, Unsweetened Applesauce
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt (plain)
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
In a large pan heat olive oil on medium heat.
Add onions and ginger and sauté for 2 minutes.
Add cumin, coriander and squash. Stir until fragrant, 1 minute.
Add broth and cook for 15 minutes or until squash is tender.
Add applesauce and puree in blender. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
Serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt and a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds.