- 2 teaspoons olive oil (or canola oil)
- 1 cup frozen chopped onion & pepper mix
- 2 tablespoons jalapeño pepper (minced, seeded)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 pound lean ground turkey (97% lean preferred)
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) au jus mix
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (15 ounce) chili beans in chili sauce (undrained)
- 1 cup Our Family Garden Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 can (10 ounce) diced tomatoes with green chilies (undrained)
- 1/4 cup green chilies (diced)
Heat oil over medium heat in large skillet. Add diced onion-green pepper, jalapeño and garlic; cook 2 to 3 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
Add ground turkey to vegetable mixture; cook over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes, until turkey is no longer pink, breaking turkey into crumbles. Stir in au jus powder, chili powder, salt, and cumin; cook 30 seconds more.
Stir in beans, applesauce, tomatoes, and green chilies. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Gently simmer over low to medium-low heat, covered, about 15 minutes or until desired consistency. Ladle chili into bowls.
If desired, top with sour cream and garnish with apple, lime wedges and cilantro.
- 2 tablespoons reduced fat sour cream (or fat-free)
- thin apple slices