Serve warm apple pie spread with warm biscuits for an AMAZING breakfast meal!
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup Our Family Garden Touch of Honey Applesauce
- 1/4 cup whole milk buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 cup Our Family Garden Touch of Honey Applesauce
PREHEAT OVEN TO 425° F
Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or grease well; set aside.
In a small bowl, add 2/3 cup applesauce and buttermilk. Mix well; set aside.
In a medium bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, 1 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice and salt. Using a whisk, stir well. Add in the applesauce mixture and mix just until combined.
Using a 1/4 cup muffin scoop, drop 12 biscuits onto 1 prepared baking sheet and the remaining biscuit onto the other pan. Leaving 2 inches in between.
Bake one tray at a time at 425°F for 15-17 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Take out of oven and immediately transfer to a wire rack to cool.
While biscuits are baking, in a small non-stick saucepan, add the remaining applesauce and remaining apple pie spice. Cook over medium high heat, stirring often until most of the liquid has evaporated. (9-10 minutes)