- 1 large apple
- 1/2 cup Our Family Garden, Cinnamon Applesauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (plus additional for garnish)
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt (sweetened vanilla flavor)
- 2 large eggs
- pinch salt (optional)
- 4 fresh mint leaves (optional garnish)
- Peel ¾ of an apple, reserving the unpeeled side for garnish. (chop apple into small cubes, approx. 1-cup)
In a medium sized sauce pan, cook chopped apples, applesauce and water covered for 5 minutes on medium heat.
Next add quinoa, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt, cook covered on low heat for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl, whisk yogurt and eggs until combined. Set aside.
Once the quinoa is done cooking, whisk the yogurt mixture into the quinoa. Return back to sauce pan and cook uncovered whisking frequently on medium heat for 5 minutes.
Spoon the quinoa pudding into 4 small bowls, approximately ½ cup for each. Sprinkle with cinnamon, thinly sliced apples (sliced from the reserved apple section) and a mint leaf.
Place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
1 thought on “Apple Cinnamon Quinoa Pudding”
Can I use leftover (cooked)quinoa?