- 1-1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup Our Family Garden, Cinnamon Applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons almond oil
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (Can be reduced if you prefer less topping)
- 1/4 sliced almonds (chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon almond oil
Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray or line with paper baking cups.
In a medium mixing bowl whisk together oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and allspice.
In a second mixing bowl whisk together almond milk and honey until incorporated. Then whisk in applesauce, eggs and almond oil.
Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just incorporated. Divide batter evenly into 12 muffin cups.
In a small mixing bowl stir together oats, almonds and cinnamon. Whisk together honey and almond oil and toss with topping ingredients.
Distribute topping evenly over tops of muffin batter. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven let sit 5 minutes and remove muffins to wire racks to cool completely.